We're Vegans Now

An important part of this journey is embracing a new lifestyle with a new way of eating. We chose to become vegans and understand this lifestyle is not for everybody. We make no judgments against people with different views and ask the same in return. We're two people who love eating and as we undergo a transformation the food is a fundamental part of it.



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Second Week Reflections

Second week weigh in!! I lost 2.2. pounds.  Even though that is completely on target for me, I felt disappointed.  I want big losses each way.  So far it's looking like my body is wanting to cling to its fat stores more than Lora's, and I wish it could take a lesson from her.

I feel really proud of our eating.   We ate whole grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruit.   We ate around 7-10 servings of fruits and veggies a day, and sometimes three types each of legumes and grains.  All week we only had one serving of a flour product - on Friday we had whole wheat pasta.

Blogger and/or the iPad sucks because it won't let me post pictures directly from the Apple products. I would really like to post pictures of each days food, so I'll have to figure out how to handle that.

Another thing that took a long time was the food prep.   We get home around 6:30pm, and by the time I've made and eaten dinner, and prepared the next day's lunch and snacks, it's 9pm. Makes for a late night, but it's a good kind of late.

Today we had:

  • A banana and almonds after weigh in
  • A few bites of leftover fava and eggplant pasta when we got home
  • A Fresco Bean Burrito from Taco Bell to which I added avocado
  • Mushroom, Lentil and Pomegranate Soup from my  "Vegetarian North African Cookbook"
  • Two glasses of red wine
  • A half a vegan brownie and a small glass of amaretto
The brownie will be the first refined sugar we've had for two weeks.

I'll try to be better about posting pictures of dinners this week.

In the meantime, here's a pic of one night's dinner - Lettuce Cups from the Week One Book made with veggie ground beef, shiitakes, bell peppers, bok choy, ginger, garlic, onions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and brown rice with sesame seeds.


This week's goals:

Walk at lunch three days
Walk in the evenings three days
Have no more than 1 tsp oil a day (McDougall recommends none!)

No comments:

Post a Comment